Being a kind of age indicator, the uncompromising neck betrays its owner’s years. The neck of a woman who observes their beauty and youth is that "sore spot", "Achilles heel". The skin of the neck and décolleté area ages rapidly and often abruptly.
In order not to get into a hopeless situation, you should be able to prevent age -related changes properly in the neck and décolleté area and carry out efficient care, and if they have already shown themselves, read on.
Causes of aging of the skin of the neck and décolleté
With a young -looking face, an old neck is an unfortunate situation and an unpleasant visual contrast. The body is subject to wear and tear, and every part of it, including the skin, undergoes certain changes from time to time.
Aging of the neck skin occurs due to physiological reasons and because of its special anatomy:
- neck skin naturally thin;
- it has few sebaceous glands, which means it is prone to dryness;
- there are several melanin -producing cells in the neck skin, so the photo -aging process is very active here;
- disease and curvature of the spine put pressure on the neck and exacerbate the negative process;
- incorrect static posture (called "text neck" - a frequent non -physiological tendency to neck) - also contributes its share to the treasury of change.
Cosmetological methods of rejuvenation
From a certain age (each type of skin aging has its own) you can not do without a beautician. Modern cosmetology offers a variety of facial and neck rejuvenation procedures.
Cosmetology services will be useful if they are performed for the prevention or correction of the skin condition, if there are no critical changes in its condition. In case of severe skin deformity or loss of muscle tone, as well as severe sagging skin, it makes sense to immediately seek the intervention of a plastic surgeon.
Cosmetic treatment for Venus rings
Horizontal neck wrinkles, also known as "Venus rings", are a common reason to visit an aesthetic physician. These folds can be corrected in a variety of ways.
A cosmetologist will diagnose the skin condition and offer an appropriate procedure scheme for each particular case. Depending on the severity of the change, they can:
- not invasive(massage, mask, exfoliate);
- hardware(micro current, RF, photorejuvenation, ultrasonic SMAS lifting, meso thread);
- injection(mesotherapy, biorevitalization, filler introduction, plasmolifting).
This can be a procedure just for the neck or by capturing the décolleté area.
Initially, the neck skin is thin, and over time, aging and becoming thinner due to the loss of the collagen-elastin skeleton of the dermis requires the addition of this source. In fact, all procedures in the office of a cosmetologist are aimed at restructuring the skin.
This may be the introduction of fillers based on hyaluronic acid, and in the case of hardware techniques, biorevitalization, mesotherapy, plasma uptake, and finally, it may be fiber reinforcement with a threaded framework.
Firming or brightening the skin will help increase elasticity and firmness, making wrinkles less noticeable or smoothing completely.
Types of neck plastic surgery
If the cosmetologist improves the quality of the skin and evens out the folds of the skin, then in the case of significant changes, these measures may not work. Then plastic surgery came to the rescue. This branch of medicine also has several methods to correct the condition of the neck skin:
- Cervicoplasty of the neck- This is a set of activities at the level of SMAS (muscle-tendon fiber system). It includes various types of correction: skin lifting, muscle closure, and, if necessary, liposuction.
- In addition to cervicoplasty,medial platysmaplasty- a way to restore the aesthetic part of the neck through the suturing of the subcutaneous muscles in the neck (platysma) in the center of the concentration of fibers. This procedure is performed through a small incision under the chin.
- For lateral platysmaplastyplatysma is pulled upwards on the side of the neck, and the postoperative scar is hidden behind the auricle. This method restores the mandibular angle - the "Joli line", making it clearer. In general, after the procedure, the condition of the lower third of the face will improve - in particular, the double jaw and chin will decrease or almost disappear.
Platysmaplasty surgery usually lasts for 30-60 minutes and is usually part of a comprehensive rejuvenation surgery. Recovery after platysmaplasty lasts about 2 weeks, sutures are removed on days 10-12, and special bandages must be worn for the entire period.
Due to the plastic surgery intervention, not only the neck is rejuvenated, but also the décolleté area is lifted.
How to rejuvenate the skin of the neck at home?
Any cosmetologist will tell you that neck and décolleté rejuvenation should start with care at home and as early as possible. Photo aging prevention, nutrition and hydration are key helpers in the fight for the youth of the zone.
Masks and skins
The minimum required for the skin of this delicate area is daily cleansing, moisturizing and nourishing. In addition, from the age of about 30 years, additional home procedures for neck and decollete skin care should be added, which should be done at least 1-2 times a week.
These can be mild acids or fruit peels or gommages, as well as masks that moisturize and nourish the skin with nutrients.
Also, to rejuvenate the skin of the neck, do not forget about a good old massage. Moreover, there is no need to contact a specialist (although it is recommended to do this periodically - a few courses a year will not be superfluous). And at home, to rejuvenate and prevent aging of the neck, you can periodically do a self -massage, but with the mandatory use of oils and without stretching the skin.
Gymnastics, yoga, Pilates, in addition to improving posture by strengthening the back muscles, will also help rejuvenate the skin, because a healthy spine, and especially the cervical area, is the key to a beautiful neck.
There are also various facial gymnastics techniques that are also great in combination with other procedures and are a preventative measure against aging.
To keep the skin of the neck and décolleté in good shape, nourishing masks with avocado, egg whites and various oils (e. g. , neroli) are popular.
Vitamins C and A will help improve the neck skin and rejuvenate the décolleté area. This can be, for example, a persimmon or kiwi -based mask. Recipe notes:
- 1 kiwi, peeled and crushed with a fork;
- add 0. 5 tsp. honey;
- add 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
Apply the mixture on cleansed skin and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, apply cream or serum.
Much has been said and written about the beauty of a woman’s neck. Among the Japanese, for example, this body area was elevated to a special cult - the geisha paid great attention to it, emphasizing kimono cuts. The feminine and sleek neck gives sophistication and elegance to its owner, and the effort and money spent on caring for this body part will never go unnoticed.