Most of us throw all our energy into careful facial skin care, often forgetting the neck and décolleté area, and these are the areas that are the most obvious indicators of age. As a result, over time, the discrepancies between them become very noticeable.
There are several reasons why the neck skin shows signs of aging earlier than the face.
- First of all, this is damage to the epidermal layer caused by the sun. The skin in this area is thinner, so the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation are wider and deeper, which leads to the destruction of collagen and further thinning of the skin, which leads to the formation of wrinkles.
- The muscles of the collar zone are quite weak, and without proper exercise, sagging skin occurs with age.
The best way to slow down the aging process and achieve a rejuvenated neck is to take the necessary steps to help maintain muscle tone and increase epidermal elasticity.
To prevent premature aging of the skin, it is necessary to follow some recommendations that will improve the appearance and slow down the age -related changes in this area.
- Always apply sunscreen on your neck and chest. Remember that the skin in this area is very sensitive and more exposed to sunlight.
- Use anti-aging cosmetic products that contain high concentrations of antioxidants (vitamins E, A, C), as well as special moisturizers designed specifically for the collar zone.
- Look for products that contain ceramides that prevent moisture loss, peptides and coenzyme Q10 that stimulate metabolic processes in cells and slow down the aging process, and hyaluronic acid that maintains water balance, tone and elasticity of the dermis.
- Incorporate into your daily neck rejuvenation routine with effective exercises that help strengthen muscle tone in this area.
- Practice perfect posture. Keep your head high and wrinkles in the collar area will be smooth automatically.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. Adequate amount of fluid contributes to good body hydration, removes toxins and prolongs youth.
- High pillows are the worst enemy of the neck rejuvenation process.
- Use herbal contrast masks and compresses regularly. Such a procedure contributes to the detoxification of the skin, tightening and firming it.
- Apply a nourishing anti-wrinkle cream on the collar area before bed.
In some cases, Botox or Dysport injections may be indicated, but these solutions are not recommended for everyone. Wrinkle reduction lasers help stimulate collagen and elastin growth, and surgical removal is excellent for age -related changes, but these invasive procedures are relatively expensive and have their own contraindications. Recovery after them takes a long time.
Therefore, it is better to start anti-aging care as early as possible, so as not to use expensive methods later.